Pool cover pump

dubele

Jun 17, 2013
Southeast Pennsylvania
Hello,
My pool cover pump all of a sudden blows the circuit when I plug it back in. Not sure why, but I suppose I need a new one. This one is only 2 seasons old. Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent pump? The one I have now is a Rule Pool Cover Pump (1800).
Thanks,
Doug

I have had great luck with the little giant pumps. The one I have has the pump plug that then plugs into the float diaphragm plug. To pump off the excess water on our auto cover I bypass the float till it pumps almost to zero water on the cover. I think this is the one we have.

The Little Giant 505600 1200 GPH Pool Cover Pump is designed for use on swimming pool covers. The pool cover pump has a stabilizing plate and an automatic switch which can both be removed. The automatic switch activates in about 2 1/4 inches of water and turns off in about 1 1/2 inches. There is also a manual operating mode which allows it to pump down to about 1/8 inch. The pump includes a 25 foot cord and a garden hose adapter. The Little Giant product number is 505600 and the model number is 5-APCP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.