New (to us) pool... now what!?!

unh044

Jul 8, 2012
Hi all-

A friend was getting rid of his above ground pool this weekend, and I made the mistake, I mean, was nice enough to show the ad to my wife. So, we are now the proud owners of a used pool. It's not beautiful, but it seems to be functional. He suggested a new liner, so I'm going to go ahead and do that. My first, of I'm sure many, concerns is that some of the metal base tracks (that the metal edge sits into) are pretty badly rusted. A couple are also bent rather severely, as a result of their being removed from the ground.

I haven't been able to find anything on the pool parts themselves to identify what make of pool it is. The friend had all of the paperwork from buying it though. It was bought through Namco (not sure if they're just a New England thing, or not), and it says "24ft Oasis B" on the sales receipt. The warrantee sheet says that it's warrantied by Asahi. So, my belief is that it's an Asahi pool, and I've read on here that they commonly make pools that are sold under other names.

I've found the Asahiparts.com website, but they don't seem to have the base tracks on there. So, the question is, are these all the same, or similar? If not, any thoughts on where I can get the correct type of parts?

I'm sure I'll have many more questions, and some of them will probably be dumb, so please bear with me! I appreciate all the help you can provide me.

Thanks

Welcome to TFP

I did not find an Oasis pool but I did find some rails, you would need to measure them out and make sure they will work.. at 10 dollars a piece you may be able to replace all of them :)

AsahiParts.com

You have done it now!!!!!!!! Another toy to play with and fix up! LOL You are going to LOVE having a pool.

I would call or email the maker and ask them about replacement track. To me they should all be about the same for the same size pool. I would look into getting resin tracks to replace the metal ones for the rust reason.

How does the wall look? You can sand it down and paint it to help if there is any rust on it.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.