Pool never overflows

Mar 22, 2016
Broken Arrow
We live in Oklahoma and are subject to some pretty large thunderstorms and flash flood situations. We have had our 20k gunite pool for over 10 years and it has never overflowed it will raise to the very top of the tile and then stops, even if it continues to down pour it seldom (if ever) goes higher than that. Thoughts

I do not have an overflow relief tube. In hind-sight, I wish I did. So when we have heavy rains that take my water level up & over the skimmer opening, it of course goes over my coping/grout lines at the top-edge of the pool. For a short time that's okay, but I don't want those areas submerged too long. Every once in a while, a piece of grout may fall-out leaving a gap too. So then water could potentially continue to drain behind that gap and compromise my pool's foundation.

So when we have long periods of heavy rain, I'll go out there and crank-up the filter drain valve to lower the water back a bit....just to be safe. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.