Any further recs on pool with Perma Salt system?

denno

Bronze Supporter
Dec 30, 2015
Mt Airy/NC
We just installed our AG pool with a Perma Salt system, and since I'm new to this site, I just came across the posting of 2011 about the Perma Salt system. Is there any concensus about the best way for me to handle this, since TFPC obviously does not approve of this method. In other words, should I try to use the levels targetted using the TFT test kit?

hey there, it does not look like something you want.. copper can get bad in a hurry and it sucks getting metals out of a pool.. I love/hate how they are saing it is a salt water generator but uses copper and silver "Non-traditional, Low-Salt Hybrid system" what a ripoff.... can you take it back?

You really are better off getting a Tf100 and do your own testing and use just plain old bleach... You could get a real SWG but you probably know they are more expensive...

I really just found out about this system due to using the TF100 test kit a couple days ago. They only recommend a 40 lb bag of salt, which is a long way from the 3000 value suggested with the TF100. Then I read where they don't process chlorine from their salt cell, only copper and silver. That led to my search on here, and the post in 2011 which brings me to my dilemma.

The best thing to do is remove the system. If that's not feasible then turn the system off and use the recommended levels found here. Don't worry about salt though as that system isn't an swcg system.

If you feel that you need to use the system because you paid for it, just follow the normal levels suggested here along with the system. Being that you have a vinyl pool, you can just change the liner out when the staining gets bad enough.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.