Help with Polaris hose getting tangled

My Polaris is getting tangled quite often too. I think the backup valve is the problem. It cycles on too often and stays on too long (both of these are my observations and opinions. I don't know what settings are...) How do you know if the backup valve is operating to specs and can it be adjusted? Thanks.

I have a Polaris pressure side cleaner, I'm no expert, but I can tell you that the reverse should kick in probably every 30 seconds or so but just for a few seconds. From what I understand when they go bad they either don't work at all or they stay running all the time so if it is cycling on and off it's probably OK. Mine was doing the same thing and it was the hose, it was weathered and brittle and the swivels did not work very well. I put on a new hose and it works perfect. Next time mine has any trouble at all I'm going to a robot without question. If you Google it, you can find a owners manual online, that's what I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure that the hose is cut to fit the pool. The head unit should just barely reach the farthest point. That way the hose will get stretched out completely more often.

The hose should be cut correctly to a length of +or- 6" to the furthermost point in the pool. Do a rev count on the wheels by holding the cleaner under the water and count the rev of the wheels (hold the tail hose otherwise it will swirl up and spray you), depending on the model Polaris if you aim for approx 28 - 30 rpms you will have the correct speed and pressure. To adjust the pressure you have a large nut on the wall fitting which you can adjust to increase or decrease pressure to the cleaner. You should have a float behind the back up valve, the closer it is to the back up valve the higher it will lift the cleaner to the surface, the further away it will drag the cleaner along the floor of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.