Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ocean Breeze Salt Cell Cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

Ocean Breeze Salt Cell Cleaner

The pool store sold me a bag of this to clean my SWG. Instructions say mix in 3 gal water and soak for 15 minutes. Pool store guy told me to put the whole generator in the bucket. 1. Is that ok and 2. what is the stuff. It gives no ingredients on the bag. Thanks.
    14,500 gal pool
    Inground
    Plaster
    Intellichlor Salt Generator
    Water Fall

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ocean Breeze Salt Cell Cleaner

It is some kind of acid. It is better, and less expensive, to use muriatic acid, though it can be a little annoying to handle.

However, there isn't normally any reason to clean a SWG unless you see white scale on the plates. The plates should look either metallic or black. If they have any white chalky/flaky residue on them they should be cleaned in acid.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. I thought so just was not sure.
    14,500 gal pool
    Inground
    Plaster
    Intellichlor Salt Generator
    Water Fall

4. Back To Top    #4

i wouldn't put the whole generator into the bucket
    it will stuff up your cell eventually, make sure you keep contacts out of acid

depending on which which SWG have you got there are different cleaning techniques