Apr 11, 2016
Orlando
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi there, First time post and first time pool owner. I have two questions

My pool pump kicked the bucket so I'm replacing it with a new one. I currently have a booster pump that I no longer use. It was previously used for a polaris cleaner. I now use a robotic pool cleaner.

Question #1
Would there be any reason to keep the booster pump set up?

I have two lines that come from the pool: one from the skimmer and one from the main drain

I have two lines that go back:
1 line is split to 2 return inlets. I don't have access to the split
1 line is dedicated to the third inlet that was used for the polaris

Question #2
If I remove the booster pump, what is the best way to attached the dedicated line to the other two return lines? I feel like this dedicated line would get alot more water flow than the other two return inlets because I would already have a split in the line before I got to the other two inlets. It feels like the former polaris inlet would get 50% of the water with the other two lines sharing the remaining 50%

Below are three images. One is of the proposed setup. The other two are of my current setup. The booster captures the water right after the chlorinator and sends it down the dedicated line (highlighted in yellow)
PossibleNewSetup.JPG pump setup.jpg booster-closeup.jpg

No you don't need the dedicated line. You could just cone off the booster intake fitting and connect that to the booster return line. Then trash the booster pump and the rest of it all while you watch your power bill decrease.

Remove the booster pump and install a 3 way valve where the T is that feeds the booster pump. Plumb the dedicated line into the open port on the 3 way then put an eyeball in the cleaner line and throttle it back so that it is flowing like the other two. With this setup you could also go back to a Polaris 360 if the robotic doesn't work out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.