Removing rust spots from liner?

Apr 16, 2009
Western Kentucky
After finally getting my pooled cleared up thanks to this site :goodjob: I have another issue I'm needing some help with.

When the foreclosure company took the house, they put down 2x6's across the pool, and laid chicken wire across them to keep from anyone falling in while the bank owned the house.

Problem is, when they nailed the wire down, they dropped tons of nails in the pool. You can probably figure out what has happened for the two plus years the nails have laid down in the bottom of the pool.

Now I've read vitamin C can remove the rust. I was wondering what tips and tricks anyone might have for doing this. Most of the rust spots are on the deep end of the pool. But this is my last step I need to get my pool completely cleaned!

If there are only a couple of spots, you can use a sock with vitamin C tablets in it. Drop the sock on a spot for 30 seconds to a minute and the stains should fade. If they don't go away completely after half an hour, try another 30-60 seconds with the sock.

If they cover a large area, you can instead do an ascorbic acid treatment to treat the entire pool at once.

Depending on just how extensive the iron stains are, you might need to start using a sequestrant.

I'll say there is about 20 to 30 spots where nails have laid. These are U shaped nails, not regular building nails. So their small spots, just lots of them.

So are you saying doing the ascorbic acid treatment will take care of this? Sounds WAY to easy!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.