Will a Polaris robotic 9550 climb a right-angle wall?

May 24, 2010
Dallas, TX
All-

Currently running a 3900. Two years ago, when we had our pool resurfaced, we had some steps put in, spa filled in, etc., and now a good third of the floor meets the wall at a sharp right angle (I didn't think about the curved floor at the time to accommodate the cleaner, nor did the PB). I had hoped to jimmy together some sort of additional wheel out in front that would help it climb, never got around to it, and getting sick of watching it hit the wall, stop, spin its wheels in place, run the backup cycle, and hope it turns enough during that to not do the same thing over and over. Even if the angle of approach is far from "straight in" (line of travel far from perpendicular to the wall), it still won't make the turn.

So now I'm thinking about alternatives to get around the problem. Will a Polaris 9550 climb a right-angled wall? Better question is, has anyone actually witnessed it first-hand?

Thanks!

I actually have a 9550 arriving today, but before I purchased, I borrowed my brother in laws P955 (Leslie's re-branded 9550, I think). I have an abnormal shaped pool with two shallow ends. One end has the steps out and the other has a sitting area connected to the wall. The sitting area has a 90 angle connecting to the floor and it had no issues getting up there.

In addition, in the deep end, we have another sitting area and where that meets the wall, it's a right angle. It had no issues climbing from the deep end straight up the wall onto the sitting area, then positioning itself on that wall to clean the side. I'll try to take a video when I test out mine tonight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.