Return jet directions

Mar 12, 2016
Northport, AL
So here's my current setup. I put ping pong balls into the pool last night. One at each corner and one in the middle by the steps. They all made their way out at some point, but as you can see by the pink dots not a single one went to the skimmer. What do?
jets_zpsdy0t6rpe.jpg

Try angling the returns so the water flows clockwise. You have to do something to get the debris from the step end to head towards the skimmer.

The outer ring loosens and then the eyeball itself can be swivelled. You might need some heft channel-locks to grip the outer ring if it hasn't been moved in a long time. Also a nice thick rod/dowel/pipe inserted in the eyeball opening helps a great deal when tugging it into position and for holding it in place while you cinch the ring down. A screwdriver might be too thin and place too much stress on one edge of the eyeball.

Casey-ReturnEyeball.jpg

hmm, what is the wind direction? if the wind is blowing over the skimmer towards where the red dots are that would explain it. That has a lot to do with surface debris going into the skimmer. You could make a piece like I did for jet #2 that would push the water more counter clockwise..

this sticks out about 3 inches but it works great :)
FY7qXOdh.jpg

While attempting to change my eye ball direction in jet 1 the **** thing broke. Now part of it is in my hands and part of it is stuck in the hole and I can't get it to unscrew. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wedge something sharp and wide, like a wood chisel or a trowel, into the remains and then turn it with pliers or a crescent wrench.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.