Dolphin s300i question

I have one as well. I will say that this is the only cleaner that I've ever bought for a pool so my experience is limited. The previous owner of my home was using a Platinum Legend pressure side cleaner which he left with us when we purchased the home. Although many people have great success with these type of cleaners, it didn't take long before I realized I wanted an upgrade. Besides the large variety of settings available, I think what sold me was the dual filter setup. It does a great job on my pool.

Just finished a cleaning cycle. I was observing its operation for a bit and it appears that when it scrubs at the tile line the thrusters "shimmy" it sideways to cover more linear surface. Also, after a 2-hr cycle the cord remained 100% untangled. And it's a good thing we really like our neighbors because the basket had about a pound of buds and random leaves in it (in addition to the pound or two in the skimmer basket).

As stated, very happy with the s300.

I'm having a terrible time finding a dealer in my area and can't seem to find a price. Would love to order one from somewhere and at this point I'm ready to skip the warranty just get the darn thing...reasonably priced of course....any suggestions?

I found a local dealer when I bought mine but they only had the s300. They were happy to order the s300i for me and I still got the 2 year warranty. You may find that you have to drive a bit away from where you live to find a dealer that has it in stock or will order it for you. I was going to drive an hour and a half to purchase mine before I found a local dealer to order it for me. I think I paid $1300. Expensive I know when others have found it for cheaper, but I honestly feel like the purchase was worth it. Like I said in my previous post, the dual filter setup is just amazing. The s300 model doesn't have it so that's what made me go for the s300i.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I guess I am robot challenged.

The Z5 didn't work out because it was way too rough on my pool and I sprouted a lot of holes in my liner. Maytronics replaced my Z5 with the s300i. I got it last fall and used it perhaps four times. It really seemed to do a great job and I LOVED it. No holes, much nicer to my liner etc. Now after using this thing several times this spring a few things I have noticed.

More than once I have come out to find it tipped over on its side. It falls off the sides of my pool and shuts off.

It goes side wise around the deep end of my pool about half way up. it spends very little time in the deep end and never gets one side of my pool.

I have to manually brush my entire deep end because it does such a poor job.

I really like so many things about this robot vs the Z5 but some things are really disappointing.

I have tried every setting and manipulation possible to get it to pay more attention to the deep end. Pump on, pump off dropping it directly in the deep end, driving it into the deep end etc.

I guess I am robot challenged.

The Z5 didn't work out because it was way too rough on my pool and I sprouted a lot of holes in my liner. Maytronics replaced my Z5 with the s300i. I got it last fall and used it perhaps four times. It really seemed to do a great job and I LOVED it. No holes, much nicer to my liner etc. Now after using this thing several times this spring a few things I have noticed.

More than once I have come out to find it tipped over on its side. It falls off the sides of my pool and shuts off.

It goes side wise around the deep end of my pool about half way up. it spends very little time in the deep end and never gets one side of my pool.

I have to manually brush my entire deep end because it does such a poor job.

I really like so many things about this robot vs the Z5 but some things are really disappointing.

I have tried every setting and manipulation possible to get it to pay more attention to the deep end. Pump on, pump off dropping it directly in the deep end, driving it into the deep end etc.

Can't really speak to its performance on anything other than my plaster pool. I have no experience with vinyl other than having been in one in Europe. I spent a lot of time watching my s300 in operation this weekend. As noted elsewhere, it was really good above the waterline. It walks up to the top until the active roller is exposed. It then scrubs the tile line while its thrusters assure that it maintains contact with the pool wall and then the side thruster moves it laterally along the tile line for about 6 feet or so. The cord has not yet tangled whatsoever (6 uses over past 2 weeks) and its tracks allow for crisp 90-degree turns. Saturday it did a perfect job and yesterday it cleaned 99% of the pool but left a 2X2' patch of small debris. I realized that it was due to my pool's construction. The plaster comes up the side to a radiused ledge all around the pool (about 3' below the tile line). The robot scrubs the ledge but cannot effectively vacuum because of the geometry of the ledge, but it collects the stuff it brushed off while it does its rounds of the pool floor. This patch was obviously swept off the ledge just before the cycle ended. Easy fix.

As for the collection basket, it is hands-down the best feature.

I'm having a terrible time finding a dealer in my area and can't seem to find a price. Would love to order one from somewhere and at this point I'm ready to skip the warranty just get the darn thing...reasonably priced of course....any suggestions?

Some authorized dealers are willing to ship. The price varies so if that's important call several and find one willing ship at a reasonable price. Also, the S and Active lines appear to be the same. I got the S300i but since the Active 30i is the same I'd be interested in the price comparison.

Maytronics is based in Atlanta, practically in your backyard. Have you tried calling them to see if there's an authorized dealer who hasn't yet made it to the list?

I wrote Atlas ... Brian responded.....was so excited but now the hubs is trupying to talk me into getting a cheaper one for 749....the Dolphin Deluxe 4....:mad:

Yes you can get it from me the
price is $1200
tax is $ 84
shipping$40
total $1,324.00

Thanks

Bryan Geraldino
Atlas Pools
770-451-3700 ext 211

Sorry for renewing this old thread but I just can't help myself! Just ordered the s300i from Atlas Pools in Atlanta. He called around everywhere in Al for me and there wasn't any to be had. Should be here Wednesday. I'll post a review.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.