Pool skimmer slow drip

Jun 6, 2014
NYC
Hello i have moved into a house two years ago they already had a pool set up i believe it was from 2007. I bought new filter last summer. The summer i moved in i bought a new hayward skimmer. I installed it put a beed of silacone outside of the pool around the skimmer as well.i noticed since switching the inner plate off to cover it for winterizing its been dripling around the bottom of the seal. What could be wrong? screws are loose seal is cracked. Silacone is bad? Whats a good sealant i can use. Any ideas would be great.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Welcome, I think you are talking about an above ground pool, is this correct? If so, if the seal is cracked and the screws are loose and can not be tightened then I would recommend replacing the skimmer with a new one.. I used no silicone on my install and have no leaks at all, granted it is only 2 years old..

If you could load some pictures we may be able to give you some more advise :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.