Upgrading our AG pool

Mar 16, 2015
Winfield, KS
The last 2 summers we've been using a Summer Escapes 15x48 pool that we had bought used but it was developing more leaks so we decided to pitch it and get a new one. Today we ordered a 18x52 Relaxing Meadows pool from Leslie's with a 20mil liner, foam cove and floor pad, and a DE filter. Looking forward to getting it filled (well water) and enjoying some pool time!
I'm not new to AG pool care but I'm sure I'll have questions about the DE filter among other things.

Good test kit! SO glad you have it!

Have you started on the bigger site work yet? I feel for your shoulders and back when you do it LOL

We would love to see where it is going and to offer any help you might need from behind a keyboard (sorry not able to help with a shovel this far away LOL)

Kim

Okay willing helpers.........
The good news is: after 2 years of my old pool sitting on it, the ground is very well compacted and should not settle.
The bad news: after 2 years of my old pool sitting on it, the ground is like trying to scrape the top off of concrete.
Suggestions? I do have a tiller, is that the best way to take off a couple of inches?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can you control the tiller enough to not go down too far?

I like Krazys idea about wetting it down to make it easier to work with........use a flat shovel. The water will have the added benefit of showing you the high and low spots. Standing water=low, no water=high LOL

Kim

Can you control the tiller enough to not go down too far?

I like Krazys idea about wetting it down to make it easier to work with........use a flat shovel. The water will have the added benefit of showing you the high and low spots. Standing water=low, no water=high LOL

Kim

That was my concern, however I did try it and it barely scratched the surface :(
Tonight I made a simple water level: IMG_0958.jpg and started on the excavation.

Tonight it's getting a soaking to hopefully get some more dirt out tomorrow.

How are you doing? I dealt with clay and there was no way I'd like to do it again!

We ended up renting a skid loader, $200 but saved my back and many blisters I'm sure!
It will be another 2 weeks before I will have an weekend to devote to the prep, but at that time I plan to get some crushed limestone and pack that down as a base. Then I can start assembling the pool. :party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.