Need advice on automation

TCpoolnoob

Apr 27, 2015
Richland WA
I've done some searching on the forum and haven't found just what I'm looking for. I'm hoping someone can help me figure out which automation product will work best for me.

Here's what I have currently:
A 24,000 gal gunite pool build in the mid 1960's
Sand filter
Hayward 140,000 btu heat pump
Polaris pool sweep on it's own separate pump
Main 1 speed pool pump which services the heat pump and general circulation
Crappy old incandescent pool light that leaks.

What I'm hoping to do is add a non leaking led light and find a product that will allow me to run all these as one easy to use system.

Currently, the polaris and the main pump are on separate dial timers that don't work. The pumps themselves work fine but the dial timers are not tripping on and off like they should. They are older than me.

I have no way to heat the pool, turn light off/on or run the pumps on an automated schedule, it is all manual at this point.

I'm looking for something that will allow me to heat the pool to the desired temps then shut off the heater and pumps, control the pool light and possibly adding a salt water system to reduce the need of monitoring chlorine levels every day/adding bleach. Remote control would be a great plus but not necessarily needed.

Can you please point me in the right direction for a product I can DIY install and essentially, set it and forget it?

TC,

I believe that all of the major automation systems will do what you want. As a Pentair owner, I'm biased towards the EasyTouch.

What I like about it is that there is one box which houses the circuit breakers, the controller/computer, the relays to control external items, SWG Power Supply, and valve and heater controllers.

I would recommend the EasyTouch 8 with IC60 SWG. Last time I looked this set up was about $1,800 at Sunplay.

I have the EasyTouch 4, but keep finding things that I want to add but am limited by only having 3 external control relays. Sigh!!

Jim R.

I also highly recommend the ScreenLogic 2, which allows you to control everything from your PC or phone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.