Solar Cover and Reel

Any opinions on what type of solar cover and reel to buy? I normally buy a 16 mil cover and it seems to heat pretty well. Would like to buy a low profile reel to mount under my diving board but cannot seem to find one that is low enough. If this is not possible I was looking at the Easy Gear Stainless Steel Cover Reel (solarcovers.com). Has anybody ever purchased this reel? If so, can 1 person operate? - Thanks!!!! :)

There is little difference in performance between solar covers. A heavy cover may last just a bit longer, but it's still difficult to justify the extra cost, extra weight and bulk, since it won't make the pool any warmer. Preventing evaporative cooling is the primary function, and the thin cheap ones do that as well as any. Much easier to handle, take less space and cheaper. The only real downside is replacing it more often.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.