Albany/NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I just copied this over from my build thread hoping that this may be a better place for it....thanks!

I just opened a photo bucket account to add some more pictures so lets see if this works. I am now looking for advice on the deck that currently looks like this:

There are steps on the top right leading into this space with a retaining wall on both sides. The long wall on the left is 26 ft long and is where I'm guess all of the patio furniture will go. I am trying to make space for 2 loungers, a seating area (I like those half circle ones with the table in the middle like this:

I'd like advice on everything, I've never had a pool so I am not sure what I would need or should have space for. I can modify the deck to a degree we are a bit limited on space on the right and left.
I am wondering if the solar cover (and reel) can fit on the 13 ft side. can I fold the steps part of the solar cover in and then roll the cover to that side so that it is only in one place? thanks

I could do some lounging on that!

I would roll the solar cover to the right and try to leave the whole left side and top side for furniture and lounging. We like the sling type chaises the best, they drain/dry quickly and are comfy. Armrests are mandatory! Target has nice ones for about 70 bucks that have lasted 3 years or so for us. They also have nice little round side tables made of metal and synthetic wood that are cheap and great. They still look new after 4 years. We have one by every chair and chaise for holding drinks, shades, phones, etc. It is nice to have a 30-40" or so smallish dining table with a couple or three chairs nearby to throw towels, test kits, snacks on. Plenty of plastic cups and plates. No glass on the pool deck allowed! We have clothes line nearby for hanging towels on. Lowes sells granite umbrella bases that work great. We've had ours for several years. They have wheels so you can move them fairly easily. We use two with the big 7-8' umbrellas.

I could do some lounging on that!

I would roll the solar cover to the right and try to leave the whole left side and top side for furniture and lounging. We like the sling type chaises the best, they drain/dry quickly and are comfy. Armrests are mandatory! Target has nice ones for about 70 bucks that have lasted 3 years or so for us. They also have nice little round side tables made of metal and synthetic wood that are cheap and great. They still look new after 4 years. We have one by every chair and chaise for holding drinks, shades, phones, etc. It is nice to have a 30-40" or so smallish dining table with a couple or three chairs nearby to throw towels, test kits, snacks on. Plenty of plastic cups and plates. No glass on the pool deck allowed! We have clothes line nearby for hanging towels on. Lowes sells granite umbrella bases that work great. We've had ours for several years. They have wheels so you can move them fairly easily. We use two with the big 7-8' umbrellas.

Thanks so much! Do you know if I can roll the solar cover that way easily? I am not sure they make reels that are 30ft across. I'll have to look into that. I'm thinking that if I add one more ft to the right side I would be able to fit the lounge chairs there (that way they would be out of the way of the diving board). I have to learn about these reels and if I can fold the stairs part of the solar cover over to roll it up at the 18ft width and put it on the left.

Good to know about the arm rests on the lounge chairs, I've seen those packs of 4 that stack that look very convenient but I'm thinking that armrest would be nice. Thanks for your thoughts!

Here is the new picture with the deck expanded on the right. to expand that deck I had to lengthen the wall coming off the stairs which is fine on that side but to make it even on the left, the long wall gets shortened. So I made it asymmetric which may only be a problem from a birds eye view and may look fine when walking through as a person. I don't know. What do you think?

Looking good! I think everyone going past that asymmetrical wall is going to be looking at the pool or picking out a chaise to lie on. :-D

Thanks! I've got to run it by my designer today...I don't think he will be happy making a change so late in the game but it is kind of his fault for not getting me my final plan yet:p

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.