New pool owner

Apr 10, 2016
Azle, TX
Hey gang! Just moved to Texas from Ma, and our new house has a beautiful inground pool and spa! I'm a new pool owner and have learned a bit from watching videos on pool cleaning and such. I opened the pool a little early (excitement overcame me), and it's getting closer to looking like a pool. ☺

(Pssssssssssssssssst...........) Most folks in central to southern Texas don't even bother to close! Welcome to the forum! Got one of our recommended test kits?

Pool pics are required ya' know...................

I'll probably never close it! This week I've added 25 lbs chlor rite, and a 1/3 gallon of muriotic acid, removed the 4 filters and gave em a thorough cleaning. I'm thinking the previous owner didn't clean em at all last year! I'll post a pic as soon as I figure out how too...lol

You might want to be careful about the Chlor-brite and any other pool store bags/chemicals. They can come back to "bite" you. :shark: Take a look at TFP's Recommended Chemicals before adding anything else just to be on the safe side.

Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. This link may also help you: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post.

I read and re read the "pool school" section and asked crazy questions until I had it somewhat "down pat" as to how not to get "pool stored". I use 8.25 % Bleach from the closest store, Baking soda, Muratic acid, and Borax..All from the local Do%@ar General or W@l Ma#t except the Acid-CYA when I need them that is and our pool is an Oasis ! Glad you made it home !!

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new pool!

Take some pics, upload them to Photobucket, copy the IMG code to the right of the pic and paste it into your post. Repeat many times. :)

Yeah, closing pools is for northerners! We don't close pools in these here parts LOL!

Welcome to TFP! That was a big move! I hope you enjoy the forum!