Pentair EasyTouch programming - one more time...

rcubed

Mar 18, 2016
Orange, CA
I am a reasonably intelligent person, but I can't get this darn system to work. I am comfortable with the electrical stuff and am computer competent. Despite my forum reads and manual perusals, I still can't get my EasyTouch set up correctly. Can anyone help me get my pool up and running please? Here is the system I have:

Components:

Pentair EasyTouch 8 with IC40 Intellichlor
Intelliflo XF
Max-E-Pro 1.0 HP
Max-E-Pro 0.75 HP
Sta-Rite Max-E-Therm 333 heater
Jandy 3 Port valves
Jandy Valve actuators
Clean and Clear filters
Pentair Wireless remote
Intellibrite lights
Magic Stream laminars

The Intelliflo XF pump is connected directly to the breaker and the EasyTouch COM port. 1.0 HP pump connected to Aux 1 relay. 0.75 HP pump connected to Aux 2 relay. Valve actuators connected to valves 1-3. Wireless remote controller connected to COM port. Heater connected to heater jumper.

Here are the modes or scenarios I am trying to create:

XF pump1.0 HP pump0.75 HP pumpHeaterValve 1Valve 2Valve 3
Filter1800OffOffOffRightRightn/a
Infinity3250OffOffOffLeftLeftLeft
Jets onlyOffOnOffOnn/an/aRight
Water Featuresn/an/aOnn/an/an/an/a
Infinity + Jets3250OnOffOnLeftLeftRight
Infinity + Features3250OffOnOffLeftLeftLeft

The Intelliflo XF needs to be assigned to the F (filter) circuit. The power from the breaker sent to the pump should also power the heater and SWG.

An AUX circuit when activated powers a relay (similar to flipping a light switch for you). A feature circuit enables an operation to take place through a comm line (this will really only effect your XF pump).

The present Pool and Spa circuits are designed to operate the F (filter) circuit.

What are the Jets? For the Spa? Is there a spillway? What are you calling the Laminars? What pump runs them?

I'd need a picture of the plumbing and pool to see the best route to take.

Lastly, please look into ScreenLogic 2. This programming would take me about 3 minutes with it. Without it is a headache waiting to happen but I can get you through it.

WOW!...there was no comparison. It took me longer to get the program and firmware update installed on my computer than to program the pool. It's all done and working perfectly from my computer and phone. Thank you so much for mentioning the screenlogic. I wish I had not wasted my time with the Easy Touch remote!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.