New Toys For 2009

Does anybody have any new kids' toys, adult toys or old standbys they're looking forward to using in the upcoming season?

Personally, I'm trying to come up with a volleyball rig that can split the shallow end lenghtwise...ie so one side does not have to play on the slope end. Our girls are 6,9,9 and like to play, but only in the shallow end.

Our favorite pool toy by far has been the Toypedo. Its like an underwater missle that you sail back and forth and try to catch. This year I found "Mini"Toypedos, which the kids cant wait to play with. :-D Got them both at walmart.

I just picked the mini toypedos up to for $5. The dogs decided to play with them. :shock: I don't know if we still have them or not! :lol:

Then there is always the trusty dog toy. :mrgreen: Not really new but still full of life! She's the most fun when you hold on to her propellar <tail> and swim around with her pulling you through the water with no effort at all.

I guess the "adult toys" part didn't come out quite right, did it :oops: ... We love the torpedos, too. Pretty amazing how far you can throw them. I did see the minis too. think we could have some fun games with those.
As far as the dog toy goes... I love yours, but our toy might get jealous...

Attachments

• HarveyImage1.jpg
    HarveyImage1.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,589
TizMe said:
How old is the Lab ? We have a yellow Lab almost 10 . She has been the best dog !!! Been through 6 Grand kids and not a growl or nothing out of her .....

I'd say she's about 8 years old now. I would also classify her as the best dog ever! :mrgreen:

I just got my kids (4 and almost 7yrs) those foam water squirters (from walmart)....they have fun trying to spray each other and how far the water will actually shoot.

would love to hear your ideas about shallow end volley ball net?

chris

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I responded in PM but will try to replicate my answer here for others intrested. 8)

Casey did a number on my old liner because she's a diver. She could pretty much be a certified diver if anyone needed a diving dog. :mrgreen: At the end of 06', she had 17 holes in my liner, most from 06' and some from 05' while going after diving rings and sticks or anything that would sink.

When I got my new pool in June 07', I banned all sinking toys and have not had to patch one hole and we're already heading into 2009. :-D Casey does scratch up the print liner on the walls when her ball gets near the sides because she pushes off of them. It is minor to me. I'd be more upset if she did rip a hole in the liner. (my old liner was a 20 mil, the new one is a 28 mil.) As far as getting out of the pool, she uses the steps. She usually flies through the air to get into it though. :mrgreen:

I could never issue a swimming ban on her though, even if she did rip the liner because it's her pool! :mrgreen: I just take care of it. haha! When we suit up, she knows it's time to swim and she'll start this high pitched whine. It's so funny. My daughter says, But I don't wanna swim with Casey! I say, what makes you think she wants to swim with you?! :twisted: Stay out of the pool while she goes then! <preteens :roll:>

Point is, everyone swims and she has done very well since the new liner. I think it was more of training the kids that they can't use the sticks and rings anymore. We now use the remaining rings as dog toys. The dogs like to chew them and play tug-of-war with them in the back yard.

She will be sad when I take the pool down in a couple years but wait til she sees what I got commin! :party:

Ooooops. Accidently quoted myself trying to edit! :hammer:

I got my husband a Swimline spring float recliner float at Target.. That is THE most comfortable float I have ever been in. It is also the most comfortable for all different body size and shapes. I am the size of your average 6th grader. My good friend was in it the other day, and she is a big lady. My husband is tall and trim. My friend's daughter is a chunky girl. We all love it. We inflate it more for to sit up, less and it is like laying in your Lazyboy recliner all stretched out. It has a cup holder too- big plus for my husband. The only downer is that it picks up water in the bladder for the pillow. It is hard to get the water out, I have to "milk" it to get it out, but since we use it daily, I am not worrying about it too much. It will be more of an issue when it is time to put it up for fall. (Picture is from Amazon web site- not me).

Attachments

• 51EG7fqqF8L._AA280_.jpg
    51EG7fqqF8L._AA280_.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,098
I am also thinking about a basketball hoop that floats in the pool. I have seen some in the stores for little kids, but I am thinking for something for my husband. Maybe cut up some noodles and poly tubing? A volleyball rig would be good too. We have an above ground pool, and no deck, so anything that goes out of the pool has to be fetched the hard way (cats are no good at fetching). My husband requires toys in the pool or he starts taking things apart. We were swimming at a friends and he got bored and disassembled his kreepy krawly. Don't want that happening at home. I know that there are volleyball/basketball sets for above ground pools on the internet, but they are so pricey. I would be interested to see if anyone figured out something for themselves and saved some bucks.

Our favorite toy is probably the log or the Hot Dog Thing... Great for having contests to see who can stay on longest.

Looked just like this, but we only paid like $10.00 a few years ago at the end of the season at Wally World.
http://www.toysplash.com/Product/InflatableFloatingLog

Can't find a link for the purple bean, but it looks like this. The round thing on the bottom is like an attached pillow, so when you start climbing up it, there's a point where it tips. I wish I could find a Link. Again, got it cheap at the end of the season.
purlplebean.jpg

For the OP who was trying to figure out how to make a volleyball net that would span the shallow end. This could be built out of PVC and modified if you didn't want the poles spanning across the middle of the pool.
00volleyball.jpg

Adam

We were given a decent 8' trampoline this year, and the kids love to drag it up to the edge of the pool and bounce in...

Our 3 year old was given an inflatable jetski with a battery powered motor, he loves to sit on it and ride all around the pool.

But our favorite toy, which we've had for a few years, is the underwater scooters:

http://www.seascooterexpress.com/store/ ... lphin.html

They're expensive (luckily we received two of them as gifts), but every kid and adult that goes in the pool wants to use them and loves them. It's just a great feeling to put on some goggles and let that thing pull you all through the pool. They've held up extremely well for four years too. Last season the kids duct-taped the two of them together so you could run both... that was cool!

Enjoy!

cobra46 said:
We were given a decent 8' trampoline this year, and the kids love to drag it up to the edge of the pool and bounce in...

That sounds like fun be an easy way to go to the hospital if you hit the edge of the pool.

My brother did that, slipped and about:
a.) collapsed the side of my pool.
b.) fell off the tramp.
c.) almost killed himself.

The answer is:
d.) all the above! :|

He said, "That mesh was like standing on a sheet of ice once wet!" His words, not mine.

:hammer:

Casey said:
cobra46 said:

That sounds like fun be an easy way to go to the hospital if you hit the edge of the pool.

My brother did that, slipped and about:
a.) collapsed the side of my pool.
b.) fell off the tramp.
c.) almost killed himself.

The answer is:
d.) all the above! :|

He said, "That mesh was like standing on a sheet of ice once wet!" His words, not mine.

:hammer:

Saw that on AFV the other day... Did you submit the clip? :lol:

Keep in mind, cobra has an IG pool so no sides to collapse, just concrete to hit. Just messin' though, cobra. I'd be out there doin' it if we had a tramp. too. :party:

Adam

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.