Liquid Chlorine

Jun 24, 2008
MOBILE, AL
Is there a way to tell what percent liquid chlorine is? The pool store (which I hate to buy from) has nothing but high school kids working there and when I ask what % it is I got an answer of 47%. :shock:. Needless to say no one ever gave me the correct answer so I am wanting to test it myself. Also is $6 for 2.5 gals high for liquid chlorine. I know it probably depends on the strength. I am paying $2.54 for 1.3 gals of 6% now. Thanks for your help

I buy it at 12.5% from the pool store. Its a bit more concentrated is all. $6 for that concentration is high. I paid $5 for mine this year at that concentration and that is why I buy it. Its a bit more concentrated for just about the same price. Basically it still does the same thing, its just a higher dose is all.

Hope that helps. :mrgreen:

It ought to be labeled, if you can look at the package yourself.
$6 for 2.5 gal where I am is cheap for 6%, very cheap for 10%.
$2.54 for 1.3 gal of 6% is between those two. So, assuming the pool store's chlorine is 10%, you're better off buying it there.
--paulr

Easy way to tell the strength is to add 1 gal per 10k gal of pool water. It will raise the FC by approx the strength of the chlorine. So if you have a 20k gal pool you want to add 2 gal, Test the water before adding and after and subtract the first test results from the second and you will have the approx chlorine strength!

The % is on th label.

I pay $4.38 for 2.5 gal of 10.5% so it would not be a savings for me to buy the 6% clorox at Walmart.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.