Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: bleach

1. Back To Top    #1

bleach

What happened to the Vendors section of the forum?

FWIW, those who buy from Food Lion stores, their Smart Option bleach is 2.75%; their Home 360 brand is what you want.
    19,800 gallons (closed/winter 18,654 gal); plaster; 18x34 Ft kidney bean shape, Depth 3Ft-5Ft. Built 1992
    Pentair Whisper Flow Pump 1HP. Winter safety cover w anchors.
    Sand filter, Pentair Sand Dollar Top Mount Model SD80; Effective Filtration Area 3.5SF
    - FlowRate 75GPM, 8Hr 36,000, 10Hr 45,000, 12Hr 54,000; Pressure Weight 50PSI
    BBB (Hayward Chlorinator when leave town). Polaris 360 cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: bleach

The Vendor Corner area has been removed.

It wasn't being used very much and many of the posts that were there would actually have been more appropriate in other parts of the site. All of the vendors who have been around answering technical questions are still around and answering questions in the other parts of the forum.

For sales, shipping, and customer service type questions, you should contact the vendors directly.

This was posted by Jason on Apr 24th ....
    Les
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm a bit new to the forum & don't know all the vendors, perhaps its in their signature.
    If I want to by a DE filter set up for example, I should just post that & hopefully they will reply? If they help on this forum, I would like to consider them.
    19,800 gallons (closed/winter 18,654 gal); plaster; 18x34 Ft kidney bean shape, Depth 3Ft-5Ft. Built 1992
    Pentair Whisper Flow Pump 1HP. Winter safety cover w anchors.
    Sand filter, Pentair Sand Dollar Top Mount Model SD80; Effective Filtration Area 3.5SF
    - FlowRate 75GPM, 8Hr 36,000, 10Hr 45,000, 12Hr 54,000; Pressure Weight 50PSI
    BBB (Hayward Chlorinator when leave town). Polaris 360 cleaner.

4. Back To Top    #4

Im not sure but perhaps someone has a list somewhere they could share with you ? One of the mods or Jason may be able to answer that better than I can. Perhaps you could put it in the suggestion area of the forum for a list of some kind to be avail to forum users?
    Les
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Here at TFP we focus on pool owners helping pool owners. We do not generally allow users or vendors to discuss purchase/sales transactions/information. We don't have anywhere that would be appropriate for asking for bids, such as you suggest. We are trying to keep the site as non-commercial as is reasonably possible. Some of the more commercial sites give out biased information, because they don't want to offend the vendors that sell through their site. We don't want that to happen here.

If you are a lifetime supporter, there is a special section of the site for the vendors to offer discounts and special deals.

It would be fine to put a post in the reviews area and ask for recommendations of good Internet equipment vendors.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School