Countpyro1 Re: Need to replace pump timer

Mar 29, 2016
Chicago,IL
Don't want to hijack but the timers mentioned(t-101m). Can these be used in a 15amp twist lock application. They only have a 3' cord on my pump so while staying to code but not sure how this could be applied. Would I add an accessible box and put this in series with the circuit?

Electrically, there's no problem with running the output wires from the timer to another box with a twist-lock receptacle. I don't know if it's up to code or not, but the timer is nothing more than a complicated on-off switch.

Thanks for the reply. I am gonna have to talk to the local inspector and see what he thinks. From my understanding they are only requiring a shut off close by with a spa/hot tub. If they are also requiring with a pool I read
some have used this as an alternative. Kill 2 birds with one stone:). Does anyone have a recommendation on which timer to use. I have a 1.5hp 2 speed Malibu pump. There is a low/high speed but it's a switch on the side of the pump. Im
assuming I'll run it on low to save money of I've done my research right?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.