Padded cove

Jun 27, 2012
I just put a down payment on an 18'x54". The pool store sells all the padding for walls floor and cove...so does amazon for allot less. Are there any differences between brands for the cove? Store wants over $130 and amazon is less then half

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

i will email them tomorrow and find out. The coves on amazon say they have a height anywhere from 2" to 4" is that about standard? on a 54" pool that leaves my top 2" unpadded with a 48" wall padding which will be under the top rail and not have water against it anyways

You don't need wall padding. I'd do the floor n coves.

Where are you located? Please add it to your profile. If you ever need assistance, you'll be asked again.

I think most wall foam you have to use spray adhesive to hold it. I just went with foam cove and floor also. The foam is only 1/4 inch think so I can't see much insulation benifit, maybe R2 or less.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Why are you recommending against wall foam? Just curious - my pool gets delivered today and I am getting ready to order the cove, and maybe wall foam depending on the answer :)
I am wondering the same thing. my buddy has it in his and the walls are much softer. Personal preference maybe

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The heat is lost through the top of the pool. The wall foam will not help with heat retention. It can make the walls softer feeling but......I don't feel my walls that often so it is better to spend my money else where.

Make sure to go ahead and plan of hard plumbing your equipment. Use unions on everything for ease of maintenance. Think..if I have to take the top off of the filter, work on the pump, etc and put the unions there. Valves need to be placed every where the water comes out of the pool.

I also put about 3 inches of rock in the area under the skimmer and return area. I put pavers on top of that. I sloped it such that WHEN the skimmer overflows it will not wash out the pool bottom.

Kim

The heat is lost through the top of the pool. The wall foam will not help with heat retention. It can make the walls softer feeling but......I don't feel my walls that often so it is better to spend my money else where.

Make sure to go ahead and plan of hard plumbing your equipment. Use unions on everything for ease of maintenance. Think..if I have to take the top off of the filter, work on the pump, etc and put the unions there. Valves need to be placed every where the water comes out of the pool.

I also put about 3 inches of rock in the area under the skimmer and return area. I put pavers on top of that. I sloped it such that WHEN the skimmer overflows it will not wash out the pool bottom.

Kim

For an 18' round padding is only 50 bucks, truck will be on it way with gravel and river rock for around the pool. coming from an intex i know all too well about what water flowing over the skimmer can do. Luckily my ground is mainly sand and drains quickley. The area under my skimmer will be all rock as well as half the back pool and then under my deck, only a small portion will meet grass but will still have rock around it and 2b gravel under that for drainage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.