Issue with Intermatic booster pump timer

Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
My current setup is an Intermatic T40404R which is a dual timer box, one t104 timer for the main pump and another t104 timer right next to it for the booster pump. Both are 240. The timer for the main pump is working perfectly. I'm having an issue with the booster pump timer. The dial isn't moving at all. The gear is turning on the motor when I look through the visual inspect window and the booster pump will come on if I turn it on with the manual lever. The gears are engaged good too, I made sure of that. Any ideas why the dials not turning? We had a pool guy come by and he said he would just replace that one timer. He said it isn't the motor bc he can see the gear on the motor turning and it's not the wiring bc it is working when I turn it on. Not really sure what else it could be besides a stripped gear, but he said "those gears are heavy duty and don't strip." I don't see any ants or anything else that could be compromising it. Any idea what may be wrong?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.