Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool heater installation, a DIY project?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool heater installation, a DIY project?

I have a 5 year old 300000btu pentair minimax NT that had a fire and burned the wires and some of the modules that control the heater. My first estimate to fix it was $3200 and a replacement cost of $4500-5000.

I can get the heater delivered to my door for $2300. From looking at my old heater, it appears that there is only one electrical, one gas, the water inflow and outflow lines to connect. I would replace it with an identical heater and simplify the hookup, however they no longer make this heater. I planned on getting a liscensed plumber to do the gas hookup. Anything that may trip me up?

I was thinking of a 300k btu Pentair master temp. I can get that one $1500. Are there others I should consider?

Thanks for your help
    20,000 inground
    SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pool heater installation, a DIY project?

The Master Temp is a very reliable heater. I can think of no better in that price range.
    http://www.swimmingpool.com/

"Leave the gun...take the cannolis"

3. Back To Top    #3

The gas connection is the only one I would caution a DIY type to hire out. Everything else is fairly straightforward if you are comfortable with wiring and PVC plumbing.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the infomation and support
    20,000 inground
    SWG