LifeTime Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Altamonte Springs, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Someone suggested using hair nets in the skimmer basket in place of pool socks and I thought it was worth a try because I could buy 100 hair nets for about $6.00 on Amazon. That's really cheap compared to the cost of pool sock$. Yesterday my order of hairnets arrived and since we already have a sock in the skimmer I suggested to my husband he put one on the skimmer net. He has a thing about the tiny bits of debris that float on surface of the water. I can live with the tiny debris but I can't live with him complaining about it every day! The holes in the skimmer net are too large to catch the tiny bits that float on the surface of our pool.

Because everyone always wants to know where are the pictures, I have included pictures showing how he put the hair net onto the skimmer net and the results.
The hair nets work beautifully! The pool was looking good but it now looks great! :party: Even better, a marriage has been saved!

Here is the link to my hair net purchase.

Disposable Hair Net, Spun-Bonded Polypropylene, White, 100 per Bag: Science Lab Hairnets: Amazon.com: Industrial Scientific

Here are the pictures. The drain by the cat's chest in the last picture is 8' deep.

I'm the one who posted a link to those hair nets on Amazon, but I was using them to line my skimmer baskets. I never thought of using them like that on the pole net. Thank for the suggestion. You should post it in Tips and Tricks

Got my new box of them ready if our pup decides he likes to swim.

I wasn't originally following how the hair net was going to make the floatie bits go into the skimmer then I saw your pole skimmer net and [emoji362].

Got my new box of them ready if our pup decides he likes to swim.

I wasn't originally following how the hair net was going to make the floatie bits go into the skimmer then I saw your pole skimmer net and [emoji362].

We have a kitty who hasn't taken to jumping in....yet....but the hair nets are a great solution for pet hair. We're always battling tree detritus from the neighbor.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.