Fence Stain Overspray

Chris19D

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 28, 2015
Cypress, Texas
Good afternoon everyone.

Just got home from work and saw the fence stain crew pulling out and when I went to inspect the work, I noticed a film on the water from the overspray and some collection on the water in the skimmer. Is there anything I can do at this point to mitigate the issue (if there is are will be one)?

Fence stain is an oil base.

Thinking about dumping a few bags of kitty litter in the pool to help soak it up (okay, just kidding :D).

Here are my current TF-100 readings.

FC - 6
PH - 7.2
CYA - 50
TA - 80

Thanks for looking!

Just run the pump, can't imagine it would do much if anything.

is it environmentally friendly stain?

I'm staining my fence this weekend, some area goes one side the pool. I'll have my pump running, not worried.

The stain I use is bio friendly.

Oil based so I doubt it's too bio-friendly - or who decides what makes something bio-friendly or not. lol I guess I'm more concerned with longevity of the color and how frequently it has to be reapplied. ;)

Pump will stay running but if it's floating on top I doubt it's going to get filtered.

A scum ball should soak up the oil. Pool store will have 'em, not sure if anyone else will. If it doesn't work, Magic Eraser (grocery store cleaning aisle) will clean the ring around the pool. If it's really bad, Pool First Aid from the dreaded pool store is an enzyme that eats oil.

A scum ball should soak up the oil. Pool store will have 'em, not sure if anyone else will. If it doesn't work, Magic Eraser (grocery store cleaning aisle) will clean the ring around the pool. If it's really bad, Pool First Aid from the dreaded pool store is an enzyme that eats oil.

Thanks for the scum ball suggestion Richard. I was able to use the shop vac to skim most of it from the down wind skimmer toonight. I'll double check it a couple more times over the next few days.

I will pick one up as soon as I can to have on hand though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.