Bronze Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
Baton Rouge, LA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 15
Anyone have any idea what this could be in the bottom of my pool? At first I thought it was sand from my sand filter, but when I try to scoop it up it scatters like dust. Is it algae?

It vacuums up fairly easily but I haven't vacuumed for a week so that I could see what this stuff was.

substance.jpg

No. Completely fenced in backyard with NO trees .. just surrounded by grass.

- - - Updated - - -

It "speckles" on my tanning deck as well through out the swimming season. But like I said, it easily vacuums up so it's not THAT huge of an issue, just a nuisance. Could it be sand even though it scatters like dust when I attempt to pick it up?

just looks like some dirt accumulation over time.

If you test for combined chlorine and it's zero you know its not algae.

Here in my region it's POLLEN TIME!

Been vacuuming it up every other day for a week.

Use a turkey baster and suck some up. Put a white paper towel inside a colander and and squirt it out gently. See what color it is and what it feels like. You can also allow it to dry and see what it is like then.

Kim (I think it is dirt but.....)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for everyone's input! Pollen does sound reasonable being in South Louisiana .. been hovering between 75 - 85 here lately. I also like the idea of sucking some of it up and putting it on a paper towel to see what I get... stay tuned!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Results are in. I have been running my pool pump between 11 AM and 4 PM each day for a couple of weeks now. The SWG is set to max output. My current water temperature is 75 F degrees. The pump had been running 2 hours when I started my testing around 1 PM.

FC : 2.2 (interesting so low given amount of salt and max output of SWG)
CC : 0
PH : 7.6
CYA : < 30 (dot never disappeared)
TA : 60
CH : 80
SC : 4200 ppm (optimum for my SWG) .. salt level for those asking

Fire away!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.