deep end a bit cloudy

Mar 28, 2016
Winter Springs, FL
just finished with mustard algae 7 days ago and left with a bit of cloudy water at deep end. water a blue tint and has a white gray silt on steps and pool bottom that is swept each morning. just moved from test strips to TF 100 test kit yesterday. here are the results:
FC 5.5
CC 1.0
TC 6.5
PH 7.2
CYA 60
TA 120
CH 300

Should I slam the pool?

Thank you,

Alan, Winter Springs, Fl

I would just jump right into a SLAM, if you caught it early should be nice and easy and fast. cloudy water and 1.0 CC probably means you got a bloom starting. with the water warming up for us in Florida right now, gotta keep an extra close eye on the pool

That 1CC means you still have something lurking in the water. I'd review the SLAM directions again and go at it.

You're not done with a SLAM until overnight loss is <1, CCs are less than 0.5, and water is *clear*.

pH is perfect for a SLAM, because once you start and raise that FC over 10 your pH test is unreliable.

just finished with mustard algae 7 days ago and left with a bit of cloudy water at deep end. water a blue tint and has a white gray silt on steps and pool bottom that is swept each morning. just moved from test strips to TF 100 test kit yesterday. here are the results:
FC 5.5
CC 1.0
TC 6.5
PH 7.2
CYA 60
TA 120
CH 300

Should I slam the pool?

Thank you,

Alan, Winter Springs, Fl
Yes. The CC of 1 along with dead algae settling out and the cloudiness all point to a SLAM.

Do whatever you can to improve water circulation in the deep end -- open the main drain, point a return down, or set the vacuum in the deep end tilted sideways so it pulls a lot of water -- and do not skimp on brushing. If you haven't pulled the light and cleaned the niche, do that, too. And check ladders, stairs, even the skimmer throat for algae. Some interesting pictures:

Think I may have found my FC demand issue?
Problem Found and Ideas needed

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.