retrofit of auto-fill

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello to All,

Our pool was installed last Aug-2014-March 2015...we knew to have auto-fill installed.

I have 3 diff n-bors that had their pool installed at time of house construction...makes sense, no hassle of having the pool built when you are there. But, the builder did not install any of them w auto-fill. I left to take daughter to airport this morning at 4am CST. Saw water coming from neighbors backyard drain to street...saw it again returning at 630am so I called him...he turned on his water at 830 last night to fill his pool and forgot...that's going to be an expensive bill

N-bor next to me that moved to Canada per his company...has not sold his house since July 15...guess what n-bor was his autofill for 5 yrs...told him to get it a long time ago, but he did not...he hired a pool m-man when he moved out, his comp bought house 14 days ago and let his pool guy go...guess what...Pentair VSP burned-up this morning...guy behind me has same problem. As a good citizen, I called him when his pump was cavitating and his wife immediately filled pool...

So, what is the best method or options for retrofitting a pool w auto-fill ?? I have 3 prospects for someone to install them.

regards, tstex

Retrofits can be difficult because you generally need a location near the pool to install the auto fill. If you have a suitable location then its relatively simple. But even then it could be costly. Say around $1,000 to $1500.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.