TFP works!

atttech-2

Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 24, 2015
Central Valley CA
Our pool was finished in late October filled the day before Halloween. Since then I have been working on testing and keeping the water balanced. As expected my MA use has been high and in the last month or so while still a bit high at least is now predictable, I almost don’t have to test to know how much to add. FC usage started off low and got even lower to the point I could go a couple of weeks over winter before adding it has been creeping up in the last month or so. Thanks to this great forum my plans seem to be working out. We built the pool late in the year for a few reasons get better pricing while the builders are slow, reduce stress about construction timeline (who cares if you are going to be a month late when it’s 70 degrees or colder outside) and lastly give me time to learn TFP method while the sun is low and water is cold. I figured if I made a mistake the likely hood of having to slam would be less. Happy to say I have yet to have any major missteps ended up with FC way to high a few times but never too low, PH got to 7.9 a couple of times in the first couple of months but not for more than a day and has not happened since. Yesterday we got to swim for the first time outside temp was 88F pool was 76F a bit cold when you first get in but after about 5 min was all good. I have always avoided opening my eyes under water, in every pool I have ever been in to do so would cause them to get red and I would start sneezing uncontrollably. I thought I was allergic to either chlorine, muriatic acid or some other mystery chemical they add to pools. Yesterday I opened my eyes under water and guess what, no redness no sneezing. So not chlorine or MA but still can’t rule out some Leslie’s mystery chemical :suspect:. Time to get the Stenner’s fired up and hopefully make this process even easier, not that it is hard now, in fact I kind of like testing and adding.

Bottom line TFP works! Why does everyone not know about and maintain their pool this way?
:lovetfp:

This is such an AWESOME post! It does my heart good to see this! I remember your thread!

We try hard to help everyone that needs it. There is nothing better that a TFP! LOL

If you would like to you can help us keep the lights on for others by becoming a supporter. If you noticed there are NO ads or such. Just a bunch of pool crazy volunteers that love to help others! CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.