Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
Anything new out there that lasts longer than 2 years? Does anyone make one out of thin bubbles (like 1/8")? I bought some of this to wrap around my 15g chlorine tank: InfraStop 24 Double Bubble Reflective Foil Insulation - Automotive Fuel Tanks - Amazon.com It's very nice and works well at reflecting heat. It's like 1/8" bubble with foil on each side. I'm thinking this bubble but with no foil would work well as a solar cover (mainly for lighter weight and maybe cheaper).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I went with the thick 16 mil one before I knew better, I can say the pool went from 60 to 75 degrees in 3 weeks with the mean temp about 60 degrees here.. :)

Some people have had luck with thicker covers lasting longer but I have tried 5, 8 & 12 mil covers and they all seemed to last the same amount of time. So now I just buy the cheapest (and lightest) cover I can find on eBay. The last one I got was 5 mil for less than $80 (actually two AG covers) and it is about to hit the two year mark and it looks like it is nearing its EOL.

Anyone try the small 3/16 packing bubble wrap? Comes in 4', 6' widths. Would be easy to make 3 or 4 rollups. I have 12' sections of 12 gauge now, and it gets heavy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.