Polaris 280 tipping over sideways or nosediving

Mar 12, 2015
Buford, Georgia
Hi TFP,

Our Polaris 280, "Sharky", keeps laying down on the job. It's been a while since he had any maintenance so this week I replaced the "thrust jet", "water management system" and gave him a new bag. He's got great pressure and he's definitely kicking now, but he keeps tipping over and nosediving. A quick google search suggested his float needed replacement, however when I took the float off, it did not appear to have any cracks and shaking it produced no watery sounds, so I think it's fine. I ordered a new one today because it was cheap and I will need it eventually.

Adjusting the jet direction and float placement helped a little, but not entirely. His butt won't stay on the ground and when he hit's a corner he always ends upside down.

The end of his tail sweep fell off a while ago, thought I can't remember if that's when he started having the issue. When I say end, it still has about 2.5' of hose length, just not the tip. I ordered this part today because whether or not it's related to the tipping over, Sharky deserves his entire tail.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.