Just Getting Started-how to use this equipment?

Apr 6, 2016
morgan hill/ca
Hi everyone,

I'm new to pool ownership. I am going through and reading a lot of posts about how to get started. I need some immediate help though with programming my system for daily running.

I don't know how to program it, don't know what it should be doing, what equipment should run and when. Something has been humming away 24/7 for weeks (pump I believe) and because I know it's killing my utility bill I figured out how to just turn it off. But I know that it shouldnt just stay off.

I'm attaching some photos. I've never used Photobucket so I hope this works.

Thanks, Francine
Mobile Uploads by holagato12 | Photobucket

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/holagato12/embed/slideshow/Mobile%20Uploads"></iframe>

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Dont have one but you could start here

http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/cp3600OM.pdf

start at page 28

See if you can program the pool to run about 4 hours a day to start

Add details of the pool size and features to your signature to make it easier to provide specific idea
if you use a SWG you may need to run the pumps longer

ABCs of Pool Water ChemistryFrancine, you've come to the right place for help. You're right in that your pump shouldn't just stay off. Perhaps the link provided by Silver_2000 will help you get that system programmed. If not, let us know. Others probably have that same system and may reply. Your pics are loaded in PB, but the best way to get them to show here on TFP is to open each pic on at a time, then to the right click once that "IMG" code. It will flash "copied", then you can past it here like this:

Dont have one but you could start here

http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/cp3600OM.pdf

start at page 28
Thank you. I've read that manual online already but I don't know what I need to program it to DO. What I mean is, do I program the "P" which I assume is "pool" to run daily or a few times a week and for how long each time? Does the "S" key need to be programmed too? When we first moved in there was a program going but the sweeper never moved. Someone fiddled with the control panel and now no program is set.

I just found the manual online for the pump that I turned off today so I'm reading that to see how to set that so when I set the inside control panel that pump thing is set right.

This is soooo overwhelming!!

Francine

Most have "Spa mode" and "Pool mode"
All that means is the way the valves are set - meaning - does water go to and from the pool or to and from the spa ?

So I bet ( guessing ) if you hit P below the display
on the control you will turn on the pump and the valves will be set to Pool mode

try it
then go into programming to set it to run P mode for a few hours

Based on this image
to set a schedule

The steps are on the right under programming

20160407_090719_zpski9gzlkr.jpg

hit the red P
then the P under the display
then the clock to set a start time
then enter
then set a run time - ( how long )
then enter
and hit he red P again to save it

I always figure if its already screwed up you have nothing to lose

Along with the previous advice Francine, you want the pool to run (its pump) for X-many hours per day, and then you want to spa to run for X-amount of time as well. This is required to maintain good circulation of chemicals and help to remove surface debris via the pool side skimmer. (gorgeous pool by the way) :) Each pool is different based on the amount of use and debris that can fall into it. But at the very least (for now) I would recommend setting the pool pump to run 8 hours a day. You can always adjust that up or down later. For the spa, it appears to share the same water as the pool, but perhaps set to run about 30 min or so just to keep the water mixed. Spa experts may have another opinion or specific advice.

Once you get a basic grasp on that control panel, you're going to need to start learning some pool care basics, and I guarantee there's no place better than TFP. So once you get the pump(s) programmed to run again for a little each day, come back here and click on the Pool School link below in my signature. You also want to click on the TF-100 link below as well because you will need to test your water ASAP to ensure it's sanitized and to keep algae away.

I suspect you're overwhelmed, so one thing at a time. But with a small amount of reading and the right test kit (TF-100 or Taylor K-2006) you can do this.

- - - Updated - - -

Francine, one other bit of homework for you okay? :)

Later this evening or as soon as you get a chance, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. This link may also help you: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post.

Thank you so much everyone! I'm definitely overwhelmed but very willing to learn as is my husband. I'll figure out the signature thing next time I'm on my computer. I'm using the app currently and it doesn't seem to show a place to update the signature.

It's funny because we bought this house and have several new things to learn about that I'm doing all at once--pool, palm trees, whitefly, skunks, French drains etc. And we have owned 4 houses already so it's not like we are just starting out! Lol

But the pool is the most complicated by far.

Thanks again,
Francine

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.