Pentair Easytouch 4 Question Disable Spa Mode

finethreads

Bronze Supporter
Feb 14, 2014
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
image.jpgimage.jpgLooking for guidance on my Easytouch 4 with a wired remote wall control as well as wireless screenlogic.

A little background: We rent our house during the summer here in the Florida panhandle and then return in the fall. Last summer we had guests putting the pool into spa mode too often. We have a SWG and spa mode isolates the SWG with no chlorine going to the pool. I did set the spa mode on a 1 hour egg timer which largely rectified the chlorination issue.

This summer I want to be better prepared. Guests control the pool via the wired Easytouch 4 button controller. I would like to disable the cleaner and spa mode functions while I am gone and limit their access to the pool lights and spa jets. What is the easiest way to accomplish this task.

I would just unplug the actuator valves inside the controller outside. Then the valves would not turn no matter what. Then when you come back to he house, plug them back in. Do you lock the outside controller box?

Fantastic idea! Yes I do lock the box and the gas line. The Easytouch controller has a button to control the cleaner which utilizes a booster pump. I remove the cleaner while I am gone and don't want the pump running without the cleaner attached. Is there an easy way to accomplish that?

Okay, here is what i did:

I put the heater on its' own breaker. So now in order to disable spa mode, I turn the automatic valves OFF and flip the breaker OFF for the heater.

However, you can still push the spa button on the easy touch controller. The button led lights up and the Intelliflo rpm drops to the 2000 rpm specified for spa mode. I have the spa on an egg timer for 30 minutes, so it won't stay in this limited spa mode for very long. I would really like to figure out a way where when you push the spa button NOTHING happens. Any ideas out there?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.