What is the Recommended CYA for My Pool?

asusundevil

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 24, 2014
Chandler, Arizona
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
In reading the many threads in this wonderful community, I continually see varying opinion on what a pool owner's CYA should be. So I would like to take this opportunity and ask you for your feedback on what my pool's target CYA should be. Incidentally, I measured it tonight and it was 30 so I promptly visited Amazon and purchased two of the following:

Amazon.com : Clorox Pool Garden

Thanks!

I agree with Kim, we have the normal recommendation's but they need to be taylored for each pool. Your CYA would probably be better raised to 50 and see how your chlorine use is changed :)

Here's a question: Do you have any plans to take a vacation during the Summer? If so, target 50 for now, which leaves room to use pucks and a floater while you're gone. If you've already burned up all your vacation time, head straight for 60.

In either case, be absolutely sure there's no algae because it's a lot harder to eliminate it after you've raised the CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.