Ok ok
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I want to convert to a saltwater generator, and pretty much settled on the Hayward AQR15. My pool is probably around 16k gallons. Here is my question, currently my pool filtration pump is run from mechanical timers that are located on the side of my house probably 100 feet from my pump and filter. Does this this SWG run on 110? My pump is on 220. If I understand correctly, this unit needs to run at the same time the pump is running, is there a way to wire it into my pump when it turns on and also shuts down with my pump as well? I definitely will hire an electrician, but was wondering if anybody could explain in simple terms to me how this might work. I understand the plumbing, it's the power that is confusing me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just wanted to say that while reading another thread there is a very similar situation as mine. from reading there it sounds like it can be wired into 220, and I am guessing it would turn on and off with my pump that is controlled by the timers. That said I would still like to have my own thread with my own situation. Thank you.

Thanks pooldv. How long after new plaster should I wait before adding salt and SWG?

The safe answer is 30 days. If you are OK with using bleach for 30 days then you might as well play it safe and wait. My PB added salt and turned on the SWG the day after it was full. 4 years later everything is fine.

If I were to get the SWG and plumb it in, it's OK sitting there with no power, correct? Or would water flowing through it while it's not generating be detrimental? I am just thinking about getting it, getting it plumbed in, and then waiting a month or so to wire it up.

How long of a run, in inches, do I need to set the cell? Also does the sensor have to go in the same length or can it be in a different spot other than the straight area the cell is in? I am trying to predetermine the location before I order this. Thx again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There is no requirement for a straight run before or after the cell, but the flow sensor requires 12 inches of straight pipe before it. If the cell is before the flow sensor it can count as part of that. Also the cell and flow switch should be the last thing in the plumbing before the water returns to the pool.

Thanks Chiefwej, just so I'm clear here's a picture of what I got going .... is exactly 14 inches inside to inside of the elbow connections. You can see on the second picture the entire discharge pipe from my filter. Is that 14 inches enough room to fit everything with fittings? The connection below it is my booster pump getting fluid from the pump discharge.
4768e5614ba4c48291ff9e7ddc3fb8f3.jpg
8145f1a20a956f50b781896fa93ac5c0.jpg

I actually think it is 16" for the cell and couplings, but in any event you are going to have to do some plumbing. There are several ways to do it. You just need a space for the cell (it can be mounted vertically as well as horizontal and can be right before or after a 90) and a spot for the flow switch that is preceded by 12" of either straight pipe or the cell.

If possible, could somebody snap a picture of one installed?

Here is mine. It is hard to get a clear shot as there is a well pump in front of it. Sorry for the leaves as we haven't cleaned up from the winter yet.IMG_1401.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.