Underwater flagstone on Baja step?

Hi guys a quick question, I've been look at everyone's beautiful pools on this forum and noticed that some people have flagstone underwater on the Baja step. Im curious and interested in doing this. Is there some kind of sealer that goes underneath the flagstone to stop the water from leaking through the flagstone to the gunite?

I have a flagstone beach entry - so part of it is underwater. I do not remember them sealing it - but I could have missed it.

Thanks for the information, I was a little puzzled because I read an article on the internet that stated, "It is common to see pools with Flagstone Coping, but not too often do you see these materials under water in swimming pools. To accomplish this, we take a special underwater sealer and apply this to the Gunite or Shotcrete shell. After that, we lay the stones, seal the grout, then seal the whole area again. Due to the corrosive nature of salt water systems in pool water, it is important that only certain types of sealers are used so that break down and leaks do not occur."

I wish I could help you! Pretty much all my friends have flagstone beach entries (similar to mine, just larger) - Its really common in my area. It is VERY possible that they seal it - I don't know. My PB didn't charge me anything additional for the beach entry - compared to just a reg step down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.