Liner Replacement - What do you think I should expect?

Feb 27, 2016
Roselle, IL
New to TFP, glad to have found this place. I need to do a replacement liner as it is faded and has a small leak. I am noticing a little surface rust on the outside of a few panels, what do you think i am in for on the inside of the pool when i do removed the liner. I am concerned it might be new pool time and I shouldn't throw money into a new liner. Pool was already installed when I moved into the house, but thanks to google earth I know the pool appeared between 1998 and 2002. So it is anywhere from 14-18 years old. We have a new baby (8 months currently) and plan to have a pool for his childhood. We also plan on this being our house for a long time unless something big happened to cause us to move.

Any advice from anyone who has dealt with this in the past? Is it "time" to retire this one and go for a whole new pool? I priced liners in my area, and I am looking $300 to $500 depending on which one, and I am expecting $400-$500 to have someone come out and change my liner. Would this be $700-$1000 of good money after bad?

2016-03-08 17.33.28.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.