Jacuzzi spa Sundance model J-350 wiring question?

Apr 6, 2016
san diego, ca
Hi all - great site!

So recently we had our spa disconnected and moved due to some work that was being done in our back yard.

The spa was put back, and I went to reconnect the wires - and have been sitting here scratching my head for the last hour (when the spa was disconnected, I made a sketch of the wiring - but like a dummy I misplaced it).

Here's the question:

There are four wires coming from the 50 amp GFCI spa disconnect box on the side of the house. Two black loads, a white common, and a green ground - going into the spa controller box.

The green wire obviously goes to the ground bar inside the box.

Now here's where I'm kind of stuck.

I assumed the two black load wires go to the bar/terminals inside the box (I've attached a sketch for reference (with a couple pink question marks at the terminals in question) and a picture of the inside of the box). One load wire to the left side of the upper bar/terminal with the two red wires coming out the right side, and the other load wire to the left side of the lower bar/terminal with the two black wires coming out the right side.

But where the heck would the white common wire go then in that case? I've went through the entire box and can't find a place that it should connect.

Which got me to thinking, maybe the two loads go to the lower bar/terminal and the white common wire goes to the upper bar/terminal. But the issue with that, is the two load wires don't seem to fit in the one lug hole on the lower bar/terminal.

So I figured before I fry the circuit board, or worse, maybe I should give a shout out for help.

Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Attachments

• spa wiring sketch.jpg
    spa wiring sketch.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 9
  • spa wiring diagram.jpg
    spa wiring diagram.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 9
  • spa specs.jpg
    spa specs.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 9
I thought there would be a third terminal (as shown) for the white/common wire, but there are only two terminals.
Tmr7cxt.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

You can see the two terminals in the picture (with the black circle around them). The top terminal has red wires coming out the back and the lower terminal has black wires.
Where the heck does the white go???
G61B10d.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.