Above Ground Pool Deck Build

I can smell the cut lumber from here! Great smell with lots of memories. Looks great! Gonna be a nice summer I'm sure.

View attachment 46309

Railings went up today - and sooo I started thinking I don't like the placement of the steps. I think centering the steps would look much better. Would love any input as to which placement would be best.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking forward to long summer days!

Looking good! I think I might put them to the left against the pool. Then you can have chairs and chaise lounges to the right not getting disturbed by people going up the stairs and jumping in the pool.

Where is the house in all of this?

When you say centered do you mean on that end or the center of the long edge? Where are the steps into the pool?

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

wait are you saying the steps into the pool? I am all mixed up LOL sorry!

Where is the house in all of this?

When you say centered do you mean on that end or the center of the long edge? Where are the steps into the pool?

Kim

I was taking this picture from our back patio - I'll take another one from the other direction tomorrow when we have more day light.

By centered I am meaning the center of the deck when looking straight on the from the picture. Right now they were planning to put the steps all the way to the right (you can see the space where there is no railing) - when they put the rail up I just didn't like the way it looked and felt like I was looking at a bunch of railing and think centering it will help it look a bit nicer.

I think I will put the pool steps in center off the deck. I am going back and forth on that. ....... Decisions!!

Appreciate your input :) - Nichole

Thanks pooldv! I like how they look against the pool too - I have seen pictures of both and I lean towards the centered stairs. Phase two of the build to supposed to be a floating platform deck at the bottom of the stairs so it would be two tiered. Centering them or keeping them to right was more of a safety decision thinking that keeping the steps farther from the water would reduce the risk of a little one falling in. I'm driving my husband nutz! LOL :) :) I appreciate your tips!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Uh-oh! 2 against 1! :)

You are the boss though. Centered is good too.

i have such a hard time visualizing! If we keep it the same - I suppose that frees up that space closest to the pool for a chair? If I center I would have 30" on each side. Thinking a small table or plant on the right side and think it would be dead space on left side. Deck dimensions are 10' w X 24' L. Doing 40" wide stairs.

I vote for one side or the other. Centering the steps will create too much dead space on either side and although a plant or two may work, room for a bench or two chairs next to each other will be better. A bench made out of leftover lumber would provide great storage for pool toys, etc. and extra seating is always welcome. And kids would never, ever try to jump off the bench into the pool. You could flip stair placement based on that concern to encourage or discourage jumping off.

Thanks Pool Tool! Have to decide by sat - we are having crummy weather here in Ohio so no work for next couple of days.

- - - Updated - - -

On a very positive note - non deck related .....we had major wind cause our cover cable to break so cover went in the pool. When we went to fish it out we got a good look at the water and we were very excited to see that it was pretty clear. I could still smell the chlorine!! There were just some leaves - but very very pleased with TFP method! :D Now if only it would start warming here in Ohio!!

Good news!

Speaking of being in OH, add that to your location over there <----, it will help us give you better pool advice if we know what climate your pool is in. Click SETTINGS upper right then EDIT PROFILE lower left. Don't forget to click save at the bottom after updating.

Good news!

Speaking of being in OH, add that to your location over there <----, it will help us give you better pool advice if we know what climate your pool is in. Click SETTINGS upper right then EDIT PROFILE lower left. Don't forget to click save at the bottom after updating.

Good idea! Don't know what I would have done without this forum last year!!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice deck! Man it has been windy and cold here, one weekend near 80 degrees and might have snow tonight. Ugg

we are east of cincy - expecting flurries Friday and Saturday --- boooo. :thumbdown::thumbdown: I bet Columbus is a bit cooler than us. Hopefully it means a nice warm summer. Our August last year was so mild - it was too chilly in the pool.

You could do that whole side in stairs :) check out mine.. I will have to take one completely finished, I thought I had one..

KzpRY1ch.jpg

KcMX5kgh.jpg

ZfjOTzwh.jpg

I really LOVE That! Can't wait to see the finished!! We were thinking of that in our original plans but started getting costly with our second tier ideas. Great job!!!

Also admiring your fencing! Did you do that yourself? It looks so nice!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.