Did the water go too low?

May 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
In our effort to avoid a swamp on our cover this year, we drained the snow melt off occasionally. I just noticed that the water level in the pool has been draining a little each time as the cover is a few years old now and holey. I think we're probably 30-40% drained. Did we just ruin the liner?

Shelley N said:
In our effort to avoid a swamp on our cover this year, we drained the snow melt off occasionally. I just noticed that the water level in the pool has been draining a little each time as the cover is a few years old now and holey. I think we're probably 30-40% drained. Did we just ruin the liner?
Shelley what do you mean the water level in the pool has been draining each time? Do you mean the water level of the pool is going down, or the water on top of the cover is going down?

Beave - My husband has been putting a stone on the cover to make a low spot to put the hose end at. As a result the leaky cover allows pool water to seep thru and we drain pool water with every drain. It's a solid tarp like cover, but it's 4 years old so it it not a waterproof barrier. It kind of snuck up on us because we weren't looking for it to happen.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.