Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Did the water go too low?

1. Back To Top    #1

Did the water go too low?

In our effort to avoid a swamp on our cover this year, we drained the snow melt off occasionally. I just noticed that the water level in the pool has been draining a little each time as the cover is a few years old now and holey. I think we're probably 30-40% drained. Did we just ruin the liner?
    Shelley
    Denver, CO

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Did the water go too low?

Shelley, the liner is most probably OK Draining a little water out of it from the holes in the cover shouldn't be an issue

Fill that pool and start enjoying it as soon as the weather permits 8)
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3

Don't I know it! It has mostly snowed and finally this weekend it rained for the past 5 weekends I'm thinking it's going to take 2 weeks to get her open due to my husband's schedule. Alas, patience is a virtue.

Thanks Ted.
    Shelley
    Denver, CO

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley N
    In our effort to avoid a swamp on our cover this year, we drained the snow melt off occasionally. I just noticed that the water level in the pool has been draining a little each time as the cover is a few years old now and holey. I think we're probably 30-40% drained. Did we just ruin the liner?
    Shelley what do you mean the water level in the pool has been draining each time? Do you mean the water level of the pool is going down, or the water on top of the cover is going down?
    Beave
    Aqua Leader 24ft Round AG Wil-Bar Influence w/54 inch walls 13,500 gallons
    Swimline J-Blue Opal Liner, 1 4X20 Fafco Solar Bear Solar Heater
    Hayward 2 HP Swim Pro Voyager Pump Micro 150 with 4 way timer
    Swim Pro Voyager Filtration System with Hayward ABS Pearl wide mouth skimmer

5. Back To Top    #5

Beave - My husband has been putting a stone on the cover to make a low spot to put the hose end at. As a result the leaky cover allows pool water to seep thru and we drain pool water with every drain. It's a solid tarp like cover, but it's 4 years old so it it not a waterproof barrier. It kind of snuck up on us because we weren't looking for it to happen.
    Shelley
    Denver, CO