Concrete and Saltwater Pool

Apr 4, 2016
Grimsby Ontario
I sure this have been brought up before - I was reading on line that you cannot have concrete deck and a Saltwater Pool.. the pool water will destroy the concrete in time...But if that was the case wouldn't the sidewalks and roads be just dust and rubble... Is there an issue with pool ladders and pumps and stuff... We used to have an Intex pool with a SWG and it was great.. We moved and we have an old 1960's concrete pool with vinyl liner....I don't want to make a costly mistake switching to saltwater...

I'm not saying that saltwater damage to concrete or stone is false, but it is certainly overblown. we don't see that many issues on here about saltwater damage. And as can be seen looking all around saltwater and concrete get along just fine. Or are all those bridges in Miami falling down?

The most likely to have a problem with the salt around a pool (natural stone more than concrete) are in areas where the climate is very dry and there is little rain. So the salt from splash out can kind of build up in nooks and crannies and cause problems. If you get fairly regular rain, then that washes all the salt away. Or you can spray everything down yourself on occasion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.