Broken Air Manifold Barb?

Aug 26, 2012
Liberty, Tx.
I was given a 1999 Morgan Daytona hot tub. Its 7 foot by 7 foot and the pack was just changed out a few years ago and still working great. The problem is the entire wood frame and skirt has rot damage. I have it flipped over and building the frame. While pulling the foam off to get the frame to fit I broke a barb off of a air manifold. Is there anyway to repair it without replacing both manifolds and check valve? Also what size is the pipe 1"? If I have to replace both manifolds does it glue straight onto the flex pipe and will normal pvc cleaner, primer and glue work?

I think your best bet would be to try to seal the hole and then move the tub to one of the 3 barbs to the right.
I do not think you are going to be able to reattach that barb (even sealing it might be tricky).

Thanks for the help. I just moved the hose to another barb and caped the broken one off. Got the frame finished and got the hot tub flipped back over. Filled it and now I have water dribbling out the black valve on the end of the manifold. Is this a check valve or bleeder and what does it do? More importantly how do I keep water from coming out of it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.