metal framed pools vs. metal walled pools

Star

May 19, 2015
spruce pine nc
A recent wind storm destroyed my Intex ultraframe pool! I have been told to upgrade to a metal walled pool, however, they are so expensive! My question is...aren't metal framed pools just as durable and long lasting as the metal walled? How long can the Intex metal framed pools last? Minus a wind storm, that is! And are Intex pools better than Coleman?

The intex had to be empty, I can not imagine wind moving 100,000 pounds, I have an 32 ft oval and 80 mph winds barely move the side... The intex ultra frame pools are very strong pools but without water they turn into sails i'm afraid..

you may find a good sale on a new intex ultra frame and sell the pump and filter or replace yours with the new one and have a backup :)

The metal framed are not as durable as the metal walled. I had an ag metal wall and have a friend with an intex. IMO you could not say they were the same quality/durability. The metal wall pool will last 20 years (14 and going strong when I moved). I can't see the intex going that long. But the cost difference it huge like you said. And they both provide the same fun factor!

The biggest problem I've had with Intex pools is that the legs/rails will eventually rust out long before the liner gives way. But you can buy replacements from Intex and nurse one along for quite some time. My latest 16' Ultraframe is starting its 3rd season with no visible problems yet. For a $300 pool, I'm tickled pink.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.