Re: iAqualink aux 4 thru 7 lights showing "on" on the in house panel

Yar

Apr 5, 2016
Fountain Hills, AZ

Having the same aux lights issue as everyone else with my RS4 inside controller. I also have the Jandy iAquaLink installed. Simple shut off of the power or reset button on the larger control panel outside seems to return things to a normal state on the RS4 inside controller. Then after a few days it does it again with the aux lights coming on.

Spoke to Jandy tech support today and they told me it needed a 1K Ohm resistor. Would not tell me the exact location of where to install it. Said, that it needed to be done by a qualified technician. I'm a avid do it yourself fix it guy so shouldn't be a problem for me to install it. Just need to know where it goes. So, from what I understand the 1k resistor needs to be installed where the #1 and 2 wire ports/ connector essentially where the (red, black) wires are connected on the back side of the RS4 or RS8 unit. If someone has a picture of this it would be greatly appreciated, just so I have it correct.

A little more information about this since this was an old thread that has now been reposted. The main issue is that lights for aux 4-7 come on randomly usually after the unit runs, which is at night time and lights up like a christmas tree... a bit exaggerated but you get the point. All the lights are pretty much on the inside controller Jandy RS4. This all started after I had a pool installer put in a variable speed pump and iAqualink wireless control system.

The lights come on randomly, first it was every few months, now its pretty much every few days.

My previous post referred to a 1k Ohm resistor that Jandy Tech support told me would fix the problem, but wouldn't tell me where to install it. That's a technicians job! I read in the previous thread that the resistor can be installed but not exactly sure about the exact placement. That is what I was asking about in my original post. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, since I really don't want to pay a pool guy to do this if I don't have to and it's something that I can easily take care.

Installed the 1k resistor the other day and also changed the jumper settings on the back of the RS4 OneTouch and the iAquaLink which seemed to help as well. So far I am not having the conflicts of loosing connectivity with the iAqualink and the lights issue seems to be fixed. I'll see if it comes back or not.

Here's a picture of the where the 1K resistor is installed bridging pin 1 and pin 2 on the back of the OneTouch RS4, RS8 indoor controller.

IMG_5741

Thanks for the great pic. I'm considering upgrading to iAqualink and have an inside controller that I'd like to keep using.

This was only part of the solution that fixed the problem. Changing the jumper settings seemed to be just as important. In fact I tried the resistor first and by itself it did not fix the problem. After changing the jumpers and adding the resistor the problem now seems to be gone.

Here's a quote from the earlier post where the jumpers are addressed:
[h=2]"Re: iAqualink aux 4 thru 7 lights showing "on" on the in house Panel[/h]
I fixed this problem with the help of Jandy and without buying any parts.

The problem I had was with conflicting priorities of the controllers - the iaqualink and my RS8. The RS8 was set to a higher priority to the iaqualink. This was causing a conflict on the RS-485 bus.

So what you need to do is this:

1) first, verify you have a conflict by going to the Help menu on the iaqualink interface. If you click on "Next" a few times you will get to the RS-485 status screen.
2) make sure that your RS8 is set at a higher number than the iaqualink (higher number = lower priority). In my case the RS8 was set to 1 and the iaqualink to 4.
3) if your priorities need to be changed, there is a double jumper inside the iaqualink antenna and the RS8 that need to be changed. Turn off the control panel. Set the iaqualink jumper to ALL OFF (priority 1). Set the RS8 jumper to ALL ON (priority 4).
4) turn control panel back on and verify that the RS485 priorities are correct.

Since I made this change, I haven't had the phantom lights on the RS8 or lockups on the system.

Now if Zodiac is telling you to add components you might have a different problem than I had, but hopefully this might help someone else!"​

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.