Capping off the chlorinator

brysclar

May 11, 2015
Tampa, FL
I inherited a pool with an inline chlorinator. TFP has educated me on the dangers of stealthy CYA levels, and I avoid using pucks on a regular basis. The chlorinator has been turned off for some time. Here's the problem: it's leaking. Here's the question: is it possible to remove the chlorinator body and cap off all the ports somehow? Thanks for your help and suggestions!

It's leaking from the side of the plumbing, where the little hose attaches. That threaded connection is cracked. I was figuring I could just disconnect everything, epoxy that crack, and seal up all the openings.

- - - Updated - - -

I know a permanent solution would be to re-plumb, but I'm not sure how to do that myself.

I see. Yours is slightly different than mine. You certainly could do that. If however you ever think you may go on vacation (i.e. like to Florida), it may come-in handy. ha ha (sorry, couldn't resist). But sure, do what you have to for now. In the future, if you ever really had to replace it, I'm sure you could. As long as the water flow to the pool is not impeded you'll be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.