DFW Texas Pool & Spa Build (Round 2)

Super cool on the Polywood furniture! We have a set by our house on the deck - picked it up from the Amish ourselves. I thought you were a Carolina Panthers fan with those colors!

Had pool school yesterday. Was pretty basic to say the least but not sure what I expected from that route. They have to put a new check valve in so they'll be doing that this coming week.

Question, so I tried to run the spa just to make sure it works, I could tell the hot water was going in but then I also felt the hot water going out into the pool and it was only in spa mode. So I wonder with how it's setup if the spa water is filtered back into the pool would I need to turn the filter pump off while running the spa? Or maybe that's part of the issue with needing the check valve? Confused!

I also have the pump set at 1500rpm running from 8am - 7am. That's how it was setup they advised running so low be the same as running for 8 hours or so on a faster speed. I guess I can pull up the GPM for the speeds on Jandys website and do the math, I only need 1 turnover a day as far as the water goes from what I read right?

Also fence got put in yesterday and it came out awesome!

b7705a4081dc689d8907fc6e58d2e438.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run my pump on low except when running the cleaner. Of course I do not have a VS so take that into account.

Aqua Pure Salt Kit-Just know that it is "working" when the pump is running so you will have to dial in the % to get the right FC.

It will be part of the learning curve. This is where your own test kit will come in handy. When do you think it will get there?

Keep a log of your test results to help you learn your pool. After a while you will notice a pattern as your plaster cures.

Did I share my set of links for a new pool owner? (too lazy to read back through your thread :rolleyes:)

:kim:

I run my pump on low except when running the cleaner. Of course I do not have a VS so take that into account.

Aqua Pure Salt Kit-Just know that it is "working" when the pump is running so you will have to dial in the % to get the right FC.

It will be part of the learning curve. This is where your own test kit will come in handy. When do you think it will get there?

Keep a log of your test results to help you learn your pool. After a while you will notice a pattern as your plaster cures.

Did I share my set of links for a new pool owner? (too lazy to read back through your thread :rolleyes:)

Thanks Kim! Yes I did get the links so I'll be reviewing that this weekend now that all this construction is coming to an end I feel like I can breath!

Good point on the salt system, I forgot about that running while the pump is running.

I'll order the test kit today and in the meantime I'll use the one they provided to try and figure out how it all works.

DFW Texas Pool & Spa Build (Round 2)

Running your pump 24/7 is more than you need to. It may not be that expensive but is not necessary. You should run it long enough to keep the pool skimmed (can vary by season or if you have dogs swimming), to keep the water clear (it will likely always be clear during the day with 6+ hours but if you look by the lights at night, the volume of floaties and what you mind seeing will be part of it) and lastly, long enough to satisfy your pools chlorine needs since you have a SWCG.
On the hi vs low question. Low moves 1/2 the water for 1/4 the cost. It also doesn't affect SWCG production either way. Mostly hi can give you a quick distribution of chemicals if needed and it skims better.

Re: DFW Texas Pool & Spa Build (Round 2)

Running your pump 24/7 is more than you need to. It may not be that expensive but is not necessary. You should run it long enough to keep the pool skimmed (can vary by season or if you have dogs swimming), to keep the water clear (it will likely always be clear during the day with 6+ hours but if you look by the lights at night, the volume of floaties and what you mind seeing will be part of it) and lastly, long enough to satisfy your pools chlorine needs since you have a SWCG.
On the hi vs low question. Low moves 1/2 the water for 1/4 the cost. It also doesn't affect SWCG production either way. Mostly hi can give you a quick distribution of chemicals if needed and it skims better.

Thanks for the insight. Once they do the check valve I'll probably just run for 8 hours a day. That will do over 1 turnover of the water. Based on 40gpm should only take 6.25hrs for 15k at the 1500rpm. I guess I'll have to check to ensure that SWG produces enough in 8hrs and should be good to go.

Just ordered tf100, speedster, and Taylor Salt Test. Took first readings today with the kit I have.

FC and CC look to be the same, my kit only goes to 5 but it seems much darker than 5. So not sure how to get an accurate number on this until the tf100 comes in.

PH was 7.8

Alkalinity was 150

That's all I could test for now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You could dilute your pool water with distilled water. The the margin of error is greater so be mindful of that.

Do you have any idea how much CYA/stabilizer was put in the pool at start up?

I have no idea honestly. They did dump a few bags of salt in the pool yesterday but that's the only thing I physically saw them do. I was always away during the start up process to see.

Re: DFW Texas Pool & Spa Build (Round 2)

Thanks for the insight. Once they do the check valve I'll probably just run for 8 hours a day. That will do over 1 turnover of the water. Based on 40gpm should only take 6.25hrs for 15k at the 1500rpm. I guess I'll have to check to ensure that SWG produces enough in 8hrs and should be good to go.

All good, but it's less about turnover and more about the 3 items I mentioned. Don't get hung up on turnover. It's not very important.

So due to the PB not wanting to move off of their nature/ozone system we decided to touch base with another PB we've previously spoke with. We were able to get the same design except this builder uses stonescapes instead of pebbletec. This builder listened quoted me a SWG system. His quote included a 10x16 pergola w/ electrical and a fan put in and were still about 8700$ cheaper than the other quote. However his quote didn't include the 3k for soil injections. He said there is really no proof that it works as he's done pools and did the soil injections and the pool still shifted and he's done some in the same neighborhoods where they did no injection and there has been no shifting.

Does any other DFW members have any experience with the soil injections? I did a search and found some mixed reviews. Don't want to spend 3k if it's going to shift anyway or if it's not proven to work. I'm thinking do I get it for piece of mind? Not sure what to do on this part?

Spoke to an Engineer in Fort Worth who said that soil injections are not much more than soap and water and a scam. He encouraged pier support.

We skipped the injections and piers based on Government Soil Report for my lot. Know we are taking a chance.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.