Help Choosing SWG

Jun 20, 2007
I have a 45,000 gallon in ground pool which I would like to convert to SW.
I see PoolPilot has a system rated up to 50k but not sure if I am pushing it there or would have to run the system 24/7.
We had a guy out from the local pool store pushing a Mineral Springs system but when asked if his company sold any other systems he said no. Just making me think his scope is very limited. Any thoughts are appreciated.

SM

By your name - are you from Phoenix? There are a few of us here from Arizona. We just have to get more Arizonans here, Texas is making us look weak by numbers. LOL!

Hey, you are in luck. One of our nicest and most helpful members and all around good guy, PoolSean, stops by here almost daily and helps people out with all kinds of questions. He happens to be a rep for AutoPilot, but I can tell you he never pushes his product here, though he honestly answers all questions. He helps any and all, no matter the brand or the question, when he can. So, hopefully he's not traveling and will be along, soon.

AutoPilot also sells systems that are larger then the ones listed at their web site. Poolsean should be along in a little while to be more specific or you could call AutoPilot and talk to someone there.

Phoenixoasis said:
I have a 45,000 gallon in ground pool which I would like to convert to SW.
I see PoolPilot has a system rated up to 50k but not sure if I am pushing it there or would have to run the system 24/7.
We had a guy out from the local pool store pushing a Mineral Springs system but when asked if his company sold any other systems he said no. Just making me think his scope is very limited. Any thoughts are appreciated.

SM

A Mineral Springs system is a Goldline unit private labeled for Bio Guard chemical dealers. The largest unit that Goldline makes supports pools up to 40,000 gallons (based on a 24 hour run time). The AutoPilot SC-60's 50,000 gallon mark is also based on a 24 hour run time. How many hours per day do you currently run your pool? Is the pool in Arizona?

Josh

Thanks everyone for the fast replies.

The pool is in Phoenix, Maryland.
Arizone I wish!

The filter runs from 9am to 9pm and the polaris runs from 9am until 12 noon.
This is the initial setting and has been working for me.

Please keep in mind I have been at this for only 3-4 weeks so any advice is appreciated.

My previosu neighbors had a SWG and I loved the feel of it and believe that with a pool this size it should pay for itself.
I want to ensure we get out on the right foot, and purchase the most suitable system for our pool.

We are looking into a SWCG. We had a company come out and they told us that we only had room for an Ecomatic and they would have to re-plumb return manifold at valve. I am wondering what the size requirements are for the Autopilot. Are the SWCGs much different in size from one brand to another? Or does this company have an abundance of Ecomatics? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

DSCN22031289DSCN2203.jpg

Don't know if this attachment will work or not, but here's a suggestion. From the left side of the Jandy Valve (looking at the photo), I think this goes to the three return lines going into the ground, which is for your pool? The right side of the Jandy Valve is for your spa?

It appears that you're already using 2" pvc plumbing. If so, then the Jandy valve is a 2" ID x 2.5" OD.
Rather than using a 90 degree elbow out of the Jandy valve and into the Tee, then splitting it to the three lines going down into the ground, cut the 90 degree fitting off and use the 2.5" outer portion of the Jandy valve to glue a 2.5" x 2" reducing bushing. Run a short length of 2" pipe to the manifold inlet. Run a short length of 2" pipe to a 2" 90 Ell, into another 2" 90 Ell, then into a 2" tee into the left return line, finally into a coupling that connects the other two return lines into the ground.

The attached document shows what I'm trying to describe. This way, the pool pilot will return your sanitized water into all three returns. And get rid of the erosion feeder! :wink:

Sean

Attachments

• suggestion.doc
    386.5 KB · Views: 21

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.